Red Carpet Challenge Rules
Official Contest Rules - Red Carpet Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's ("Sponsor") Red Carpet Challenge contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (but excluding the U.S. territories and possessions) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Officers, directors, and employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies may play, but are not eligible to win. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not meet the eligibility requirements or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO PLAY:
- Visit http://www.drafthouse.com/red-carpet-challenge to complete your ballot and select who you think will win the Oscar(R) in each of the 24 categories.
- Ballots must be completed before Sunday, March 4th at 12pm Central Time.
- The following points will be assigned to each category:
- 5 points
- Best Picture
- 3 points
- Best Director
- Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Best Adapted Screenplay
- Best Original Screenplay
- 2 points
- Best Animated Feature
- Best Original Score
- Best Original Song
- Best Cinematography
- 1 point
- Best Animated Short Film
- Best Costume Design
- Best Documentary Short Subject
- Best Film Editing
- Best Live Action Short Film
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling
- Best Production Design
- Best Sound Editing
- Best Sound Mixing
- Best Visual Effects
- 5 points
- Points will be compiled and winners notified by Wednesday, March 7th.
- 1st Place/Highest Score
- Tickets and travel to attend the Elton John Foundation Charity Oscars Viewing Dinner and After Party in Hollywood, CA. ($8,500 value)
- 2nd Place
- Free year of movies + meals at Alamo Drafthouse ($4,500 value)
- 3rd - 5th Place
- Free private screening for you and 25 of your friends ($1,000 value)
- 6th through 10th Place
- VIP Treatment Spa package ($500 value)
- 11th through 15th Place
- The ultimate Mondo prize pack, posters , T-shirts and more ($150 value)
- 16th through 50th Place
- Free Pizza and Coke ($20 Alamo Drafthouse gift card)
- If a tie occurs between scores, trivia questions will be presented to the contestants via email with the relevant prize being awarded to the ultimate correct answer. The loser in such a tiebreaker will be awarded the next level of prize.
- In addition to the ballot contest daily giveaways will occur from 2/24/18-3/4/18
- Daily giveaway prizes will include movie prize packs, free popcorn, snacks and movie tickets. The value of any such prizes will not exceed $100.
1. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). No cash equivalent for the prizes will be offered and no other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
2. Winners agree to be responsible for all taxes that may apply.
1. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: After the close of the Entry Period and the broadcast of the Oscars, potential Contest winners will be notified via the email registered with Sponsor. If a potential winner cannot be reached or does not respond within seven (7) days of initial notification attempt, they will no longer be designated as a potential Contest winner and another potential winner can be identified at Sponsor’s discretion. Winners agree to provide Sponsor with proof of real name, age, email address, residential address. All winners further agree to provide a photo of themselves and quotes that may be published by Sponsor along with their real name as set forth below.
2. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes a grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, agents, and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Sponsor Parties”) to use the entrant’s name, likeness (including without limitation photographs and/or recordings of the entrant), voice and biographical information, for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion and any other purpose, in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any notice, permission or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Failure to grant these rights shall result in Contest winner forfeiting the prize. The winners may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, publicity release.
3. RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By entering, each entrant, on behalf of the entrant and his or her heirs, executors, guardians, assigns, agents and representatives, releases Sponsor and any other company involved in the execution or development of the Contest and each of their successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing (all of the foregoing, the “Released Parties”), from and agrees not to assert any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the conduct of or the entrant’s participation in the Contest, the acceptance or use of the prize, or any exercise by any of the Released Parties of the rights granted herein, and all liabilities, losses, injuries and/or damages arising out of relating to the same. The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claims, actions, suits, proceedings or demands based upon or alleging any invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity or infringement of any intellectual property or other personal or proprietary rights, or any personal injury or death to an entrant or any other person or any damage to or loss of personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and any activity or travel related thereto or participation in the Contest. Entrants assume all liability for and risk of any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
4. GENERAL RULES: The Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations, as well as outside the United States or where prohibited or restricted by law. The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries or e-mails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. The Released Parties are not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law. Should an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Contest any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process, or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, or (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of termination of a Contest, a notice will be posted online and a winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entries will not be verified or returned. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of any prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Texas, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the Contest. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning.
5. WINNERS LIST: The names of all winners will be listed at http://www.drafthouse.com/red-carpet-challenge.
6. SPONSOR: Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, LLC. 612 E. 6th Street Austin, TX 78701.