By entering the Alamo Drafthouse Sweepstakes, Free Movies for a Year pass, (hereafter, “Sweepstakes”), you consent to be bound by these Official Rules. Accordingly, you should read these rules carefully before entering the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE OF GOODS OR SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is being conducted by Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, LLC (“Sponsor”), which is solely responsible for the Sweepstakes, the administration of these Official Rules, and the awarding of the Sweepstakes prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of NORTH CAROLINA and valid only in NORTH CAROLINA to residents who are 21 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies,(hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family member (mother, father, sister, brother, any child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to win a prize. Void outside the eligible areas specified above and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion Period will begin at 10AM CT on APRIL 18, 2017 and end at 10AM CT on December 31, 2017 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”). The deadline for entry 10PM CT on December 31, 2017.
4. LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON: If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incorrect or undelivered entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes , including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these rules or other Sweepstakes -related materials or in connection with the processing of entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or are in violation of these Official Rules.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS, VALUES AND SCHEDULE: The winner will be selected randomly at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Raleigh’s headquarters by an Alamo Drafthouse employee. The Winners will each be announced on or about June 30, 2017, September 30, 2017 and December 31st, 2017. The following is a description of the prize to be awarded and the estimated value of the prize:
Three randomly selected winners will receive a Free Movies for a Year pass that allows him or her to attend any regular screening in Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Raleigh at no charge; screenings not included in the Free Movies for a Year pass include but are not limited to Quote-Alongs, Sing-Alongs, feasts, beer dinners, dance parties, marathons, advance screenings, partner screenings not hosted by Alamo Drafthouse and Kids Camp. The Free Movies for a Year pass allows only the winner one free ticket per regular screening not included in prohibited list above; the winner must present a valid form of ID that matches the name printed on the Free Movies for a Year pass. Food and drink are NOT included as part of the Free Movies for a Year pass; movie tickets only. The Free Movies for a Year pass expires and is void 365 days after the pass is awarded to the winner. The Free Movies for a Year pass has no monetary value and cannot be given to or shared with another guest for use.
The first winner will be announced on or about June 30, 2017, the second winner will be announced on or about September 30, 2017 and the third winner will be announced on or about December 31st, 2017.
Raleigh, North Carolina
$3,750.00 EACH WINNER ($11,250 TOTAL VALUE FOR THREE WINNERS)
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prizes are subject to availability. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner of the Sweepstakes will be contacted by email. If Sponsor is unable to reach the potential winner within 7 days after attempting to do so or potential winner does not respond according to the instructions in Sponsor’s notification, that person will become ineligible for the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The drawing will be conducted under the supervision and in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize of equal or greater value at any time. All taxes imposed on any prize (e.g., under federal or state tax laws) are the sole responsibility of the winner. All ownership rights in and to the name and marks used in, on or to describe the prize are reserved to the owner thereof. If the winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes is run by Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, LLC, who is solely responsible for conducting the Sweepstakes and awarding the prize. Entrants agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, or misdirected entries, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer online system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any email failure, including failure due to traffic congestion on the Internet or website, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event of significant technical difficulties, including those caused by viruses, hacking, unauthorized intervention or fraud. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of any prize. The value of the prize is based upon good faith estimate by Sponsor as of the date the Sweepstakes was commenced. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for changes in market conditions that may impact the value of a prize. There is no guarantee that the IRS, or its counterpart in any jurisdiction, will accept the estimated value of any prize for purposes of determining any tax that may be due by the winner. ENTRANTS HEREBY FULLY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, INJURIES, OR CLAIMS CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR POSSESSION OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY RELATED PROMOTION.
EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF EACH FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR SWEEPSTAKES -RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT,AUTHORITY, OR THIRD PARTY. THE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST (IF ANY) RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE GUEST’S USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE.
Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or the Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Released Parties in their sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
9. TAX LIABILITY: All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Venue of any action brought concerning the Sweepstakes shall be in Raleigh, North Carolina, and shall not be subject to transfer to another venue or locale for any reason. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that you will not commence or participate in any class action litigation, or join with any other person in a legal proceeding, concerning the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes, these Official Rules, the entire relationship between you and Sponsor, and any legal proceeding arising therefrom (whether based on contract, tort, law or equity), shall be governed by, construed in accordance with, and enforced pursuant to, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
11. SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION: If you wish to receive the winner's name, have questions about the Sweepstakes, do not want to receive future Sweepstakes or mailings, specify your request and write to: Sponsor, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701.×