|Starring||Robert Duvall, Tess Harper, Betty Buckley, Wilford Brimley, Ellen Barkin|
Ellis County Courthouse - Robert Duvall’s understated performance as a faded country music star and recovering alcoholic earned him an Academy Award for best actor in 1983. To prepare for his role as Mac Sledge, Duvall used to practice playing guitar with local Waxahachie musician Mike O’Daniel on the steps of the Ellis County Courthouse in the town square.
Join us before the screening for a free Reception and Concert at the Texas Music Theater featuring live musical performances by Texas singer songwriters Jason Crabtree, Kevin Sordiski and Scott Fant, followed by a forum on the making of Tender Mercies with Jake Jenkins, grandson of local music legend Mike O'Daniel. Refreshments will be available for sale. Doors open at 6pm.
A big thanks go out to our local partners in Waxahachie who made this screening possible:
Jaquelyn Helton and the staff of the Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce
Wayne Strickland, owner of Waxahachie’s College Street Pub
Tim Eaton, director of the Texas Music Theater
- Admission is free and first come, first serve
- Facebook RSVP does not guarantee admission
- Bring your own seating and arrive early for good spot!
- All screenings are 35mm and will be preceded by a reel of vintage themed 35mm trailers
- Concessions will be available for sale on the lawn and audience members may also bring coolers with food and drink. Alcohol will be prohibited.