Do you like Ernest Hemingway? Listening to smart people? Well crafted cocktails? Well, if you answered yes to any of these things then you won’t want to miss a very special night at the Ritz this Monday, November 26. That night Philip Greene, all-around Ernest Hemingway expert and author of TO HAVE AND HAVE ANOTHER: A HEMINGWAY COCKTAIL COMPANION, will join us for a night of literature, libations and fun. Get your tickets to this unique event NOW!
The night will consist of is a 90-minute seminar on the drinks featured in the life and works of Ernest Hemingway. His book contains 55 easy-to-follow recipes, excerpts from Hemingway’s prose, letters and biographies. Overall it’s a great mix of vast information and playful fun. Not only will Greene be discussing the contents of his book, but we’ll also have a flight of four whiskey-centric cocktails on hand for you to enjoy (all of them are included in your ticket). These first-class drinks will be:
1) The Jack Rose (Applejack, Grenadine, Lime Juice)
2) The Hemingway Daiquri (White Rum, Lime Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Marascino Liquer)
3) Montgomery Martini (Dry Gin, Dry Vermouth)
4) Americano (Campari, Sweet Vermouth, and Club Soda)
And if you want to feel even more inspired by the late, great writer and his most famous vice come to Slaughter the night after, November 27, as we’ll be screening a special Cinema Cocktails presentation of Woody Allen’s masterful MIDNIGHT IN PARIS while enjoying a brand new flight of delicious whiskey concoctions, they include:
1) Scotch and Perrier, finished with a lemon (Papa's Most Frequently Ordered Drink)
2) Boulevardier (Bourbon, Campari, Sweet Vermouth)
3) Classic Bourbon Sour (Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Sugar)
4) The Affinity (Scotch, Sweet Vermouth, Dry Vermouth, Bitters)
Over two nights you can learn about the life and works of one of America’s greatest writers and enjoy a fantastic and beautiful film both while enjoy amazing high-class drinks.
If that doesn’t sound like a good time to you I don't know what would.