"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, they're like 'it's better than yours' -- I could teach you, but I'd have to charge."
We here at the Alamo like to think our milkshakes bring all the boys (and the girls) to the yard. And by "yard" we of course mean "theater." Anywayyy… as good as our shakes are, there's always room for more creativity. And so we're offering up a chance to teach US and have the Alamo pay YOU! And by "pay" we of course mean giving you outrageously modest prizes! Actually, they're pretty straight up outrageously awesome: Grand Prize winner receives an All-You-Can-Watch movie pass to any theater in his/her town, while two finalists from each area both get $50 in sweet, sweet Alamo Drafthouse gift card credit.
Oh yeah, and the ultimate yard-bringing, winning shake goes on the Alamo's menu company-wide for up to three months (or more)! So there's a bragging rights component, too -- and really, can you put a value on that?
Here's how it works: You dream up your most mouth-rocking, fall flavor-inspired OR movie-themed shake idea using the guidelines below. Shakes will be judged by taste, of course, but also -- and this is equally important -- by the creativity of the name. Get clever. Get cheeky. Get punchy.
Shake recipes that make it to the final rounds will be judged by a panel that includes Beverage Director Bill Norris, oil tycoon Daniel Plainview, Executive Chef John Bullington, and Alamo CEO & Founder Tim League. These are heavy hitters, folks! Bring your A game. Go big. Etc. You have until Aug 20. Read the guidelines below and start your blenders, ladies and gentlemen!
Submit your genius milkshake recipe via the Facebook page for the Alamo in your area:
Items that can be included:• Monin Syrup flavors include (but are not limited to) cherry, orange, strawberry, white peach, prickly pear mint, chocolate, vanilla, caramel (see the complete list here)
• Movie candies already on the Alamo Drafthouse menu (Swedish Fish! Malted Milk Balls!)… and popcorn…
• Citrus and other fruit juices such as lemon, lime, and orange
• Peanut butter and other spreads (uh… Nutella, anyone?)
• Sodas, draft beers, or wine currently on the menu
• Baking spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, etc.
• Total number of ingredients should NOT exceed five, not including the whipped cream on top (natch)
• All milkshakes are subject to slight changes /minor modifications to produce.