There are all sorts of reasons that I am most triumphantly excited for this week's premiere of the non-heinous BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT QUOTE-ALONG, and the fact that it gave me an excuse to put an animated .gif on the Alamo's homepage is only one of those reasons. Let's take a look at some of the other excellent reasons to party on, dudes:
1) The movie itself, obviously. I could go on and on about how the two surfer dudes who never seem to surf but do love to jam out on their instruments that they don't know how to play are OBVIOUSLY the kinds of heroes the world needs in order to achieve world peace, but you've seen the movie, and you know how most excellent it really is.
2) The quote-along aspect. Just hearing a room full of people saying "Be excellent to each other," and answering themselves with a robust "Party on, dudes," should bring us one step closer to the world peace that Bill and Ted are trying to bring us toward.
3) The inflatable air guitar props. We're giving everyone who walks in the door an inflatable air guitar so we can jam out with the invisible air guitar that Bill and Ted use, and they just arrived in my office yesterday. Words can not express the joy that you feel when you open up a delivery from UPS in the afternoon only to find 300 uninflated guitars. I can't wait to see how they look in a crowd in the theater.
4) The free Dippin Dots. While Napoleon is becoming a Ziggy Piggy, we'll all get to enjoy the official ice cream of San Dimas, 2687.
5) The video trailer for the show. Basically, just having the excuse to cut this thing together, and then to get to watch it before every movie I see at the theater, that's reason enough to be excited about the show. In case you haven't seen it yet:
Your ticket includes your inflatable guitar and Dippin Dots, and if you want to join us, you can get your ticket right here. Party on, and be excellent to each other.