We are thrilled to announce our ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES giveaway* in which you and a lucky guest could win a grand prize trip to attend the premiere of ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES in New York City and $3,400 for accommodations! We don't know how to say this but... its kind of a big deal.
Starting October 15th, you will be able to enter the giveaway by visiting the theater and filling out a ballot at the box office. No purchase is necessary to enter, by entering you will not only have the chance to win the grand prize trip, you will also be entered to win weekly Alamo Drafthouse prizes including a $250 Alamo Drafthouse gift card good for admission/food and beverage purchases; a free admission pass to all specialty programming during November and December; a yearlong free admission pass for two; and an Alamo venue rental. Winning a weekly prize does not disqualify you from winning the grand prize trip so swing by our box office from October 15th through November 14th as much as possible to fill out your ballots!
On November 18th, we will announce one grand prize finalist per city, filling out a ballot anytime during the promotion will ensure your entry. Each market’s finalist will be put into the grand prize drawing and on November 20th, when we will announce the grand prize winner of a trip for two to attend the premiere of ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES!
ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES giveaway participating markets are Austin, TX, Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX, Richardson, TX, Winchester, VA, Ashburn, VA, Kansas City, MO, Denver, CO and Yonkers, NY.
* NO PURCH. NEC. TO ENTER/WIN. A PURCH. WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Begins 10/15/13. Ends 11/14/13. Open only to legal residents of CO, CT, KS, MD, MO, NJ, NY, TX, VA, and DC who are at least age 21. To enter by mail, on a 3x5 card, in blue or black ink, hand print your full name, complete home address including ZIP code, email address, home telephone number with area code, and date of birth, and mail in a first-class postage-paid envelope to: 612A East 6th Street, Austin, Texas 78701 on November 15, 2013. Must be postmarked between 10/15 and 11/14 and received by 11/14. Only 1 entry per outer envelope. Subject to complete Official Rules available by mailing a postage-paid request to Sponsor at address below or by going to www.drafthouse.com/Rules2013. Void where prohib. ARV of grand prize: $3500. Grand prize winner must attend premiere in December 2013, or prize will be forfeited. Odds of winning depend on # of eligible entries recvd. Sponsor: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
And now, the fine print:
By entering the Alamo Drafthouse, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Giveaway (hereafter, “Giveaway”), you consent to be bound by these Official Rules. Accordingly, you should read these rules carefully before entering the Giveaway.
NO PURCHASE OF GOODS OR SERVICES OR SUBSCRIPTION TO SERVICES NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT WILL NOT HELP YOU WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. GIVEAWAY SPONSOR: The Giveaway is being conducted by Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, LLC (collectively “Sponsor”), which is solely responsible for the Giveaway, the administration of these Official Rules, and the awarding of the Giveaway prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Sponsor, Paramount Pictures Corporation, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”) , and each such individual’s immediate family member (mother, father, sister, brother, any child, husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void outside the eligible areas specified above and where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion Period will begin at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) on 10/15/2013 and end at 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/14/2013 (hereafter, “Promotion Period”). The deadline for entry is 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/14/2013. Mailed entries must be postmarked between 10/15/2013 and 11/14/2013, and received by 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/18/2013.
4. LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON (EITHER IN-PERSON OR BY MAIL): If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. Postmark determines date of mail entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incorrect or undelivered entries, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, phones, phonelines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these rules or other Giveaway-related materials or in connection with the processing of entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Giveaway or are in violation of these Official Rules.
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: by completing and submitting the Official Entry Form or the Mail-in Method. The two entry methods are described below:
These two methods of entry (via completion of an Official Entry Form and via standard mail) are the only two acceptable methods of entry. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/Web site/usenet accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS, VALUES, SCHEDULE AND ODDS: The winners of all prizes except the grand prize will be selected by random drawings from all eligible entries received as of the date of the drawing next occurring. All non-winning entries rollover and are included in the next drawing(s), if any. The prizes include various passes and vouchers (described below) which will be given in the following market locations: Austin, TX; Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX; Richardson, TX; Winchester, VA; Ashburn, VA; Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; and Yonkers, NY (the “Markets”). Additionally, each Market will select a grand prize finalist by random drawings of all eligible entries received during the promotion period held at each respective Market location, and then a grand prize award winner will be selected among the grand prize finalists by a random drawing conducted at 612A East 6th Street, Austin, Texas 78701 on or about November 15, 2013. The odds of winning any prize depend upon the number of entries received for that drawing. The following is a description of the prizes to be awarded, the date on which the drawings for the prizes will be held, the location of the drawings and the estimated value of each prize:
Description Drawing Date Drawing Location Estimated Value
One free admission pass to all specialty programming in each market for 11/01/13 – 12/31/13. 10/24/2013 Each Market location $200
One voucher for $250 redeemable for admission and non-alcoholic food and drink in each Market. 10/31/2013 Each Market location $250
Two passes good for free admission to any movie of $13.00 or less from the date the pass is received to its expiration on November 15, 2014. The pass is good for the winner only and his/her guest upon presentation of the passes and the winner’s valid ID. 11/07/2013 Each Market location $500
One voucher for a free Alamo Drafthouse venue rental in each Market. 11/14/2013 Each Market location $500
One Grand prize award for two tickets to the premiere of ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES in New York City. A payment of $3,400 will be given to the winner to be used on airfare, hotel accommodations and other trip-related expenses. 11/18/2013 Grand prize finalists will be selected at each Market location. The name of the grand prize award winner will be selected among the finalists at 612A East 6th Street, Austin, Texas 78701 on November 20, 2013. $3500
The addresses for the random drawings to be held at each Market location are as follows:
Market Location Address
Austin, TX 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Houston, TX 1707 ½ Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056
San Antonio, TX 15900 La Cantera Blvd., Suite 20255
San Antonio, TX 78256
Richardson, TX 3913 Woodstock Drive, Colleyville, TX 76034
Winchester, VA 500 Pegasus Court, Winchester, VA 22602
Ashburn, VA 804 N. Columbus Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Kansas City, MO 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Denver, CO 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Yonkers, NY 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS/ODDS: Pass prizes are subject to additional restrictions. Prizes are subject to availability. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All grand prize travel-related bookings and expenses in excess of the cash element of the prize are the sole responsibility of the grand prize winner. Winners of the drawings will be notified by email, telephone, overnight carrier, or regular mail within approximately 7 days of the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to reach the potential winner within 14 days after attempting or potential winner does not respond according to the instructions in Sponsor’s notification (e.g., email address is invalid, mail is returned as undeliverable, etc.), that person will become ineligible for the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Drawings will be conducted under the supervision and in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received for that drawing. The prizes may not be substituted for cash unless in the Released Parties’ sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize of equal or greater value at any time. All taxes imposed on any prize (e.g., under federal or state tax laws) are the sole responsibility of the winner. All ownership rights in and to the name and marks used in, on or to describe the prize are reserved to the trademark owner. Winner and guest/travel companion of the winner will both be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, and, where allowable, a Publicity Release within ten days of winner notification. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable to another individual, except to a surviving spouse of the winner. All meals, gratuities, in-room charges, travel expenses, travel and other insurance, carrier fees, government charges, transfers, ground transportation, and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules as being provided as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, passes or certificates or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address or other contact information. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize.
The following applies to the grand prize winner only: Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Released Parties are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. Winner’s guest must be the age of majority in the guest’s state or jurisdiction of primary residence, unless winner is the guest’s parent, legal guardian or other family member approved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If winner is a minor in his/her state of primary residence, he or she must be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent/ legal guardian or adult authorized in writing by minor’s parent/legal guardian) as his/her guest during the entire trip. Winner agrees that his/her guest must comply with Sponsor’s and each prize provider’s procedures and policies and must complete, sign, have notarized and return a release of liability and, where legal, a publicity release to Sponsor in the timeframe specified by Sponsor or travel will not be allowed. By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity, including, without limitation, attending the movie premiere. The winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize and responsible for the costs of removing him/her from use of the prize and any related damages, losses, or expenses. Winner and his/her guest waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. Grand prize winner must attend the premiere in December, 2013 or prize will be forfeited.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Giveaway is run by Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, LLC, who is solely responsible for conducting the contest and awarding the prizes. Entrants agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, or misdirected entries, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, computer online system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any email failure, including failure due to traffic congestion on the Internet or website, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Giveaway in the event of significant technical difficulties, including those caused by viruses, hacking, unauthorized intervention or fraud. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of any prize. The value of the prize is based upon good faith estimate by Sponsor as of the date the Giveaway was commenced. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for changes in market conditions that may impact the value of a prize. There is no guarantee that a winner will be able to sell any prize for the estimated value or that the IRS, or its counterpart in any state’s jurisdiction, will accept the estimated value of any prize for purposes of determining any tax that may be due by the winner. ENTRANTS HEREBY FULLY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR POSSESSION OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY OR ANY RELATED PROMOTION.
EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS OF EACH FOR ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY. GRAND PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST (IF ANY) RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Giveaway activities or the Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Released Parties in their sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
9. TAX LIABILITY: Federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Venue of any action brought concerning the Giveaway shall be in Austin, Texas, and shall not be subject to transfer to another venue or locale for any reason. By entering the Giveaway, you agree that you will not commence or participate in any class action litigation, or join with any other person in a legal proceeding, concerning the Giveaway. The Giveaway, these Official Rules, the entire relationship between you and Sponsor, and any legal proceeding arising therefrom (whether based on contract, tort, law or equity), shall be governed by, construed in accordance with, and enforced pursuant to, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
11. SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION: If you wish to receive the winner's name, have questions about the Sweepstakes, do not want to receive future sweepstakes or mailings, specify your request and write to: Contest Sponsor, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 612A East 6th Street, Austin, TX 78701. This Giveaway is not sponsored or administered by Paramount Pictures Corporation.